⚓ LAND AHOY!
The Borderland community has land in sight and we need all hands on deck to make it happen!
🌳🐺 THE LAND
After two years of scouting, and many dozens of candidates, we have finally found a place that has everything we have ever dreamed of.
The 21st of February the bidding starts. And we need your help to win it.
- 99 hectares in total. 85 ha open fields; the rest water, forest, roads etc. Compare this with the total area we rent at Hedeland which is approx 50 ha, but with most of it being unusable in practice.
- A 250 ha nature reserve surrounds the land, which is not part of the purchase but a buffer zone to the rest of the world.
- Beautiful undulating fields like in a painting! We will never need to worry about parking or camping space ever again. The land is inspiring, diverse and secluded.
- Four swimmable lakes plus small streams and ponds. Beautiful old trees abound.
- A huge barn, a cowhouse and a large workshop alongside twelve weird rundown buildings we can renovate or turn into art and theme camps. Oh, and a burnt-down haunted mansion.
- 2 km to the bus stop, 5 km to the train station,
- 2-3h by train to the big cities (Sthlm, Gbg, Cph)
- We can host a growing Borderland there. With 99 hectares, all of it usable, we will never run out of space.
- We can buy it as an organization directly, saving us a shit tonne of bureaucracy.
The Borderland is many things: an event, a community, an association, a vision for society. It is inspired by Burning Man and is an official Regional event, but it also has a very strong identity on its own. It started as a yearly event, which grew from 10 to 4.000 participants. For many, it has been a life changing experience. So much so, that from the love for Borderland, a bazillion other initiatives have emerged over the last few years: community houses (Noden/Blivande, Lighthouse, Eldsäl), maker spaces (Illutron, studio tau), smaller events all year round, online communities, art collectives, friendships & families. Now we will also have our own land...The Borderland.land
✨ Stoked and want to contribute financially right away?
Either donate an amount of your choice below, or do a direkt bank transfer.
💰 DIRECT DONATION
If you want to donate by bank transfer, you can do that by transferring to the below account and adding a reference "Borderland Land."
Name: Gränslandet Ideell Förening
IBAN: SE85 6000 0000 0009 8199 2188
Bank name: Handelsbanken
Bank address: Box 14222, 0440 Stockholm
Beneficiary address: c/o Blivande, Södra Hamnvägen 9, 115 41 Stockholm
Disclaimer: If we don't win the bid, the funds will be saved for the next land purchase we pursue for the Borderland.